The African Union African Diaspora Sixth Region – The Netherlands (AUADS-NL) is an African Diaspora founded Non-Profit Organisation based in The Hague The Netherlands.
The Organization is guided by the Protocol on the Amendments to the Constitutive Act of the African Union which, in its Article 3 (q) the AU invites and encourages the full participation of the African Diaspora as an important part of the African Continent, in the building of the African Union.
Many stakeholders (persons and institutions) have played crucial roles to get a process for such a framework underway in The Netherlands. The Dutch African Diaspora have become aware of the AUADS process, are ready, willing and able to own the process and organize themselves as framed by the African Union.
Members of the AUADS NL constitute a fair representation of the diverse African Diaspora in The Netherlands. In addition, the members have various professional backgrounds and most have long track records in the African Diaspora activities and are therefore well-qualified to make the AUADS initiative a success.
The AUADS NL leadership is committed to the following principles:
- Credible Representation: in consideration with the diversity among the African Diaspora
- Democratic Process: Free, Fair and Balanced Processes to elect leadership
- Transparent/Accountable Process: Conduct organisation affairs in accountable and transparent manner
- Inclusiveness: No Communities or interest groups shall be left behind
- Ownership and Meaningful Participation in the Process